- To create and implement temporary mechanical & electrical building services design solutions for the Hinkley ‘C’ Common Building Services
- To ensure the integration, technical assurance, compliance, health, safety and sustainability of design and engineering to enable compliant defect free handover for operational service, delivered to programme and budget.
- Coordination with the Principle Designer and Principle Contractor ensuring regular flow of information to comply with meeting the requirements of CDM
- Create 2D drawings for all disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Ventilation and support solutions.
- Interrogation of 3D model and Information Modelling.
- Space coordination, space management and clash avoidance for all disciplines.
- Support the Design Manager and contribute to design / construction reviews.
- Ensure design risks are considered and prepare design risk assessments. Communicate residual design risks to others
- Maintain personal expertise and knowledge to ensure that the business stream is at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards
- 2D CAD Drawings (all disciplines)
- Design Risk Assessments
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, 2D, 3D, and Revit.
- Proficient in the use of drawing set-up in accordance with national standards and best practice guidelines.
- Proficient in the interrogation of 3D models using Navis works & revit.
- Ability to proactively work and contribute as part of a large team.
- Effective skills in planning, organising and prioritising personal workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and other parties
- Must have at least 3 years relevant experience as a MEP CAD technician in major projects environment.
- Knowledge of the basic principles, terms and procedures of engineering.
- Working knowledge of drawing revision and issuing protocols.
- Experience in interpreting basic sketches, plans and specifications.
- Previous working knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, processes and procedures.
Additional Qualifications/ Experience: • Positive, can-do mentality
- Proven track record of success.
- Collaborative nature
- Ability to reach sensible compromise position
- Strong focus on team performance, training, mentoring and integration with client and Alliance teams.
Working Pattern of Attendance and Location(s):
- Hinkley Point C Construction Site, Nr Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1UD
- 9 day fortnight
MEH Values attributed behaviours:
- Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team
- Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions
- Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view
- Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
- Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” MEH approach