Estimating Lead – Nuclear
A Senior New Nuclear delivery team role reporting directly to the Dalkia Supply Chain Director – Nuclear.
All senior roles require key behaviours which support the Zero Harm objective, a questioning attitude, and drive to uphold the standards of safety and quality required by Nuclear project delivery. A committed strong work ethic is essential at all levels, working in a collaborative team, with their delivery organisation or independently.
Individuals will be required to work in their own specialist sector to the highest standards, develop and lead a first-class delivery team, and work with full collaboration with the wider senior team, our client organisations and whole delivery and supply chain structure.
All candidates should have industry proven experience and relevant qualifications reflective of the role. They are expected to demonstrate their knowledge and experience related to the criteria required.
Driving a single supportive senior leadership team is critical to the support of the New Nuclear developing structure, and all senior roles will be expected to demonstrate and uphold the Dalkia Values and be an outstanding example of a supportive leader.
- Supporting and maintaining the highest level of project costing/estimating operating standards defined by the Supply Chain Director.
- Being the responsible person for project costing/estimating activity within the New Nuclear senior team.
- Be responsible for the leadership of an estimating team as their functional manager.
- Assisting the formulation and upkeep of essential costing/estimating standards, procedures and processes integral to support a Right First Time approach and support the Dalkia business expectations and requirements.
- Protect the business position and commercial/contractual obligations at all times whilst working collaboratively with our clients and the supply chain.
- Assist the business compliance with all latest industry legislation, accreditation, requirements and best practice guidelines.
- Advisor to the Dalkia Supply Chain Director – Nuclear, on all project costing/estimating matters, issues and requirements.
- Be the point of contact for client commercial teams for project costing, engaging and supporting all client requirements and activities, obligations and ensuring compliance.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance proactive and reactive monitoring systems to ensure effectiveness of the Dalkia project costing/estimating policies and systems.
- Deploy a culture of Learning from Experience (LFE) and Continuous Business Improvement (CBI) throughout Dalkia New Nuclear operations with a ‘best-in-class’ ethos.
- Ensure integration of good quality and Nuclear Safety management with business decisions.
- Identify, support and maintain high quality training based on a risk managed approach to support all procedures and working practices
- Ownership and maintenance of the Dalkia project costing/estimating strategies, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Establish a comprehensive suite of processes/standards to support the demands the Nuclear sector and in conjunction with the Quality team, ensure project costing suitability for Nuclear sector projects.
- Implementation of project costing/estimating system performance and reporting across the business operations and the statistical analysis of indicators as improvement tools to drive right behaviours.
- Coordination with the wider Dalkia business units on estimating performance and improvement, contribution to forums, learning reports, strategies, and training.
- Input to supply chain and commercial function regularised meetings and team operational sessions, including maintenance of accurate records.
- Contribution to key senior team development meetings, strategy setting and performance reporting requirements.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
- Degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Relevant professional accreditation preferred (e.g. ARICS)
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar role in regulated sector projects
- Demonstrable experience at senior leadership level, with a proven track record of setting strategic objectives to a successful delivery.
- A leader willing to lead and learn within a new evolving team.
- A dynamic individual with passion for their subject and desire to improve performance continually.
- Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team.
- Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions.
- Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view.
- Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
- Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” approach
Working Pattern of Attendance and Location(s):
- 37hrs per week
- Primary: Office location to be advised
- Secondary: Multiple office and site locations