- To deal with all telephone/fax/written requests for service from customers and contract managers/supervisors
- To pre book Preventive Planned Maintenance services for the engineers
- To allocate the engineers to reactive and project works
- To ensure that the engineering time is used effectively and efficiently with a target of 98% effective use of labour
- To impart information to the engineers to enable them to submit their reports correctly, providing job numbers, service hours allowed, contact names, site addresses, service types and reported/identified problems.
- To provide order numbers for parts, components and specialist services as detailed by managers.
- To input feedback into the PPM and Helpdesk systems from the engineers reports.
- To provide management reports from the Helpdesk and PPM systems.
- To support new contracts and high levels of extra works the contracts are already generating
- Accept customers and engineers telephone calls and log all information as required on the help desk systems
- Ensure that the engineering labour is utilised in the best manner possible
- Ensure the correct discipline of engineer is matched to the tasks
- Issue and confirm returns of planned maintenance services
- Input engineers reports onto the helpdesk and planned maintenance computer systems
- Enter new contracts and adjust existing contracts on the systems as required by the contract managers
- Progress specialist engineering services to ensure compliance to orders
- Raise and progress orders to authorised suppliers
- Work with other help desk co-ordinators to maintain cover during normal working hours
- Provide management reports from the IT systems employed to managers and customers as required
- Continually strive to improve the flow of information to engineers and customers and to make improvements to the procedures
- Comply with company procedures as set out in the Business Management System
- Comply with the SHE policies of the company
- Maintain a 24hr call out rota and issue to those involved
- Ensure information from the help desk is correctly filed in the contract files
- Receive calls allocate works and support the administration reporting
- Any other duty applicable to the role
Date of issue
September 21, 2023