PLC / SCADA Support Engineer
To supplement our Software Support Services team with specific PLC and SCADA skills. The key activities will include:
- Routine maintenance/service visits to our customer’s sites.
- Fault-finding on systems under support.
- Modifications & upgrades to systems under support.
- Service Reports & Client Meetings.
- Support to our Business Development/Delivery Teams.
- Small-project work.
- Out-of-hours support (rota-based).
- Warranty Cover
This is a customer-facing role that requires someone who is able to work independently. Site-work is a key element of this role and the candidate would ideally have experience of the industries we currently service (in particular, Power Generation, Nuclear, Water & Utilities).
The ideal candidate will be competent in all the key PLC and SCADA platforms that Capula typically support. The successful candidate would be expected to undertake training to learn systems in which they are not competent:
- Rockwell PLC5/SLC500/ControlLogix & CompactLogix (RSLogix)
- Schneider Modicon Quantum (Unity Pro)
- Siemens S7 (SIMATIC STEP7)
- Mitsubishi Q/A Series (GX & GX IEC Developer)
- Mitsubishi PLC
- Rockwell FactoryTalk View ME/SE
- Schneider Vijeo Citect
- Siemens WinCC
- GE iFix
- Wonderware InTouch
- Windows desktop and server operating system, Active Directory
- Appreciation of networking technologies (switches, routers, firewalls) and cyber Security
- Siemens PCS7
- Current driving licence
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions)
- Willingness and ability to undertake out-of-hours support on a rota basis
- An understanding of OT Cyber Security.
- The ability to gain SC clearance
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in their methods of working
- Desire to deliver excellent customer service