Construction Director – Nuclear
A Senior New Nuclear delivery team role reporting directly to the Dalkia New Nuclear Director.
All senior roles require key behaviours which support the Zero Harm objective, a questioning attitude, and drive to uphold the standards of safety and quality required by Nuclear project delivery.
A committed strong work ethic is essential at all levels, working in a collaborative team, with their delivery organisation or independently.
Individuals will be required to work in their own specialist sector to the highest standards, develop and lead a first-class delivery team, and work with full collaboration with the wider senior team, our client organisations and whole delivery and supply chain structure.
All candidates should have industry proven experience and relevant qualifications reflective of the role. They are expected to demonstrate their knowledge and experience related to the criteria required.
Driving a single supportive senior leadership team is critical to the support of the New Nuclear developing structure, and all senior roles will be expected to demonstrate and uphold the Dalkia Values and be an outstanding example of a supportive leader.
- Developing, setting and maintaining the highest level of Nuclear construction delivery standards for all team members.
- Being the key accountable person for Nuclear construction delivery within the New Nuclear senior team.
- Be responsible for the leadership of construction delivery operations project leads as their functional manager.
- Ensure the formulation and upkeep of essential Nuclear construction delivery strategies, standards, procedures and processes integral to fostering a Zero Harm culture within the nuclear safety environment and supporting a Right First Time (RFT) approach
- Ensure the business compliance with all latest industry legislation, accreditation, requirements, and best practice guidelines.
- Provide clear unequivocal Nuclear construction leadership across all Dalkia Nuclear operations.
- Conversant with Industrial Relations needs, expectations, and Union agreements, liaison, and coordination.
- Advisor to the Dalkia New Nuclear Director on all Nuclear construction matters.
- Be the point of contact for client delivery teams, engaging and supporting all client requirements and activities, obligations and ensuring compliance.
- Recruit, develop and retain the core Dalkia construction delivery New Nuclear team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain proactive and reactive monitoring systems to ensure effectiveness of the Dalkia delivery policies and systems.
- Implement a positive Nuclear Safety culture across all construction operations.
- Develop a culture of Learning from Experience (LFE) and Continuous Business Improvement (CBI) throughout Dalkia New Nuclear operations with a ‘best-in-class’ ethos.
- Set and undertake audits of worksites as required to maintain compliance and implementation of key learning.
- Establish effective ‘downward’ communication systems and management structures.
- Ensure integration of good construction and Nuclear Safety management with business decisions.
- Engage the workforce in the promotion and achievement of a Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Identify, support, and maintain high quality training based on a risk managed approach to support all procedures and working practices
- Development, ownership and maintenance of the Dalkia Nuclear construction delivery governing strategies, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Implementation of construction system performance and reporting across the business operations as well as the statistical analysis of indicators as improvement tools to drive right behaviours.
- Coordination with the wider Dalkia business units on construction performance and improvement, contribution to forums, learning reports, strategies, and training.
- Oversight and leadership of an evolving construction delivery team, selection of appropriate SQEP personnel and maintaining development plans.
- Setup and maintenance of construction delivery function regularised meetings and team operational sessions, including maintenance of accurate records.
- Contribution to key senior team development meetings, strategy setting and performance reporting requirements.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
- Degree educated in construction management, engineering or related field.
- CDM Regulations 2015 training
- Relevant professional accreditation (e.g. MCIOB)
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar role in Nuclear sector responsible for delivery of large scale construction projects.
- Demonstrable experience at senior leadership level, with a proven track record of setting strategic objectives to a successful delivery.
- A leader willing to lead and learn within a new evolving team.
- A dynamic individual with passion for their subject and desire to improve performance continually.
- Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team.
- Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions.
- Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view.
- Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely.
- Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” approach.
Working Pattern of Attendance and Location(s):
- 37hrs per week
- Primary: Office location to be advised
- Secondary: Multiple office and site locations