Software Engineer (Transmission and Distribution)
Summary of the Role:
We currently have a requirement for Software Engineer within the Transmission & Distribution sector.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the systems development lifecycle: specification, design, programming, testing, installation and commissioning. This will range from configuring multiple instances of existing solutions to developing new solutions for clients from a list of basic requirements. This will include database configuration, coding, application engineering, hardware interface, system testing and commissioning. This would include client visits for meetings & surveys and possible overseas travel for training courses and partner integrations.
- Is competent in the use of a PC & management of electronic files/folders
- Good knowledge of databases
- Has a good understanding of SCADA/HMIs and control systems
- Experienced coder in any of the following C++, C#, JAVA, VB
- Ability to learn how to configure & navigate new products with manuals and on-line support
- The ability to research ideas/products to identify suitability for a solution
- Can successfully complete all assigned tasks to plan and in line with company procedures and standards.
- A team player who has drive and tenacity with a willingness to learn
- Can communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers
- Always follows good health & safety practices within Capula and customer sites
- Electrical Engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of electrical principles (Power calculations etc.)
- Ideally GE equipment knowledge or Copa-data Zenon SCADA
- Ideally worked with substation control system
- Good research skills
- Current driving licence