Supply Chain Director – Nuclear
A Senior New Nuclear delivery team role reporting directly to the Dalkia New Nuclear Director.
All senior roles require key behaviours which support the Zero Harm objective, a questioning attitude, and drive to uphold the standards of safety and quality required by Nuclear project delivery.
A committed strong work ethic is essential at all levels, working in a collaborative team, with their delivery organisation or independently.
Individuals will be required to work in their own specialist sector to the highest standards, develop and lead a first-class delivery team, and work with full collaboration with the wider senior team, our client organisations and whole delivery and supply chain structure.
All candidates should have industry proven experience and relevant qualifications reflective of the role. They are expected to demonstrate their knowledge and experience related to the criteria required.
Driving a single supportive senior leadership team is critical to the support of the New Nuclear developing structure, and all senior roles will be expected to demonstrate and uphold the Dalkia Values and be an outstanding example of a supportive leader.
- Developing, setting, and maintaining the highest level of supply chain and commercial operating standards for all team members.
- Being the key accountable person for supply chain and commercial activity within the New Nuclear senior team.
- Be responsible for the leadership of commercial project leads as their functional manager.
- Ensure the formulation and upkeep of essential supply chain and commercial strategies, standards, procedures and processes integral to support a Right First Time approach and support the Dalkia business expectations and requirements.
- Protect the business position and commercial/contractual obligations at all times whilst working collaboratively with our clients and the supply chain.
- Ensure business compliance with all latest industry legislation, accreditation, requirements, and best practice guidelines.
- Provide clear unequivocal commercial leadership across all Dalkia Nuclear operations.
- Advisor to the Dalkia New Nuclear Director on all supply chain, commercial and contractual matters.
- Be the point of contact for Client supply chain teams, engaging and supporting all Client requirements and activities, obligations and ensuring compliance.
- Recruit, develop and retain the core Dalkia supply chain Nuclear team.
- Develop, implement and maintain proactive and reactive monitoring systems to ensure effectiveness of the Dalkia supply chain and commercial policies and systems.
- Develop a culture of Learning from Experience (LFE) and Continuous Business Improvement (CBI) throughout Dalkia New Nuclear operations with a ‘best-in-class’ ethos.
- Set and undertake commercial and contract audits of worksites and suppliers as required to maintain compliance and implementation of key learning.
- Establish effective ‘downward’ communication systems and management structures.
- Ensure integration of good quality and Nuclear Safety management with business decisions.
- Identify, support and maintain high quality training based on a risk managed approach to support all procedures and working practices
- Development, ownership, and maintenance of the Dalkia supply chain, commercial and contractual governing strategies, processes, policies and procedures.
- Implementation of supply chain and commercial system performance and reporting across the business operations and the statistical analysis of indicators as improvement tools to drive right behaviours.
- Coordination with the wider Dalkia business units on supply chain, commercial and contractual performance and improvement, contribution to forums, learning reports, strategies, and training.
- Oversight and leadership of an evolving supply chain and commercial team, selection of appropriate SQEP personnel and maintaining development plans.
- Setup and maintenance of supply chain and commercial function regularised meetings and team operational sessions, including maintenance of accurate records.
- Contribution to key senior team development meetings, strategy setting and performance reporting requirements.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
- Degree educated in relevant commercial field.
- Relevant professional accreditation (e.g. MRICS)
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar role in Nuclear sector projects
- Demonstrable experience at senior leadership level, with a proven track record of setting strategic objectives to a successful delivery.
- A leader willing to lead and learn within a new evolving team.
- A dynamic individual with passion for their subject and desire to improve performance continually.
- Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team.
- Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions.
- Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view.
- Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely.
- Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” approach.
Working Pattern of Attendance and Location(s): • 37hrs per week
- Primary: Office location to be advised
- Secondary: Multiple office and site locations