Business Development Manager
The business provide sustainable carbon and energy reduction solutions through the design and construction of large-scale infrastructure renewal and renewables projects. The business is an innovative and dynamic industry leading Energy Performance Contracting company with a solid reputation; focused on infrastructure renewal to deliver operating cost savings and improved building environments for its clients. The business’ approach is focused on thoroughly understanding client needs and drivers, utilising our expertise in project development, in-house engineering and programme delivery, to build tailored solutions that deliver true benefit. The business is owned by EDF Energy and Dalkia, and are one of the UK’s leading technical services engineering businesses
This role has been borne out of our continued business success and growth. This as an exciting role for an ambitious individual who desires to be at the forefront of change to decarbonise energy use in buildings across all sectors.
The Business Development Manager is to Identify prospects from the sectors in which we are currently active including Health, University, Central Government, Industrial and Commercial to generate leads and to build relationships necessary to ensure customer conversion & revenue growth
- Develops and maintains a network of senior relationships including End-user clients; Consultants and advisors; Strategic supply chain partners; Frameworks operators; Financial partners, asset managers & funds
- Monitors market opportunities & consolidates the pipeline for The business
- Participates in Industry conferences, forums, and other relevant events, promotes the capabilities of The business
- Holds jointly agreed targets for work winning that support The business’ strategy and growth plans and contribute to the achievement of our financial budget
- Supports development of the The business value proposition, with USP and key differentiation criteria
- Provide support to The business Marketing Comms lead in the development of marketing materials (presentations, brochures, videos etc.)
- Develops sector watch for The business and updates the Growth on a regular basis; understands trends in the markets, identifies promising innovations, and potential partners together with monitoring competition in the target sectors
- Able to undertake research on target sectors and in terms of market opportunity & competitor analysis
- Can demonstrate experience in researching and understanding customer requirements
- Understands the particularities of the UK carbon and energy reduction market including organisation & decision processes; Regulation; Accounting & finance; Procurement; competitors
- Knowledge of the technical requirements, norms (e.g., Healthcare Technical Memorandum), standards to ensure that The business provide efficient and compliant services in all our activities (contracting, maintenance, energy performance, systems)
- Animates the community of specialists within The business, shares intelligence and documentation
Synergies with EDF and Dalkia
- Able to leverage the capabilities and opportunities available in the broader EDF/Dalkia Group
- Will be required to participate in networking activities in the EDF/Dalkia Group, on behalf of The business
- They will collaborate with the business development team to develop work winning proposals and bids, which may include supporting business priorities outside their sector.
- Can take full ownership on a bid when appropriate
- Will support The business in commercial negotiations as required
- Demonstrable experience of proposing and developing partnership opportunities when appropriate
- The business is an Equal Opportunity and family friendly Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We hire, train, promote & compensate without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. Employment is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
All of our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
If you would like to be part of a growing company, please forward your up-to-date CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for this role, your notice period and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.