Electrical Design Engineer
- To create and implement temporary electrical building services design solutions for the Hinkley ‘C’ Common Building Services.
- To ensure the integration, technical assurance, compliance, health, safety and sustainability of design and engineering to enable compliant defect free handover for operational service, delivered to programme and budget.
- Coordination with the Principle Designer and Principle Contractor ensuring regular flow of information to comply with meeting the requirements of CDM.
- Part of the CBS electrical design and electrical CBS team to provide design solutions. The CBS package will consist of 690v ac distribution, 400Vac distribution, 110Vac distribution, Lighting including Emergency Lighting, sockets and Plant and Equipment supplies along with fire alarm & detection systems and general support solutions.
- Collaborate and share relevant information between design services to ensure no elements of integration are left out of the final designs.
- Create the following documentation:
- Review and check vendor document / information for electrical compliance with project specifications.
- Support the Design Manager and contribute to design / construction reviews & sign off.
- Ensure design risks are considered and prepare design risk assessments. Communicate residual design risks to others.
- Provide strong technical support and identify innovative and robust solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant technical consultants and suppliers.
- Design Documentation:
- Design / Construction Review Output
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
- Clear focus on collaboration and building relationships with other designers and project teams to deliver cost effective and acceptable design solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and write clearly and succinctly.
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement in design.
- Excellent IT Skills are desirable.
- Microsoft Office experience is essential including Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint.
- Trimble Pro Design software knowledge and competency, Dialux EVO 10.1 design software knowledge end competency, AutoCad 2020 knowledge and competency (desirable).
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice, in particular designer duties and responsibilities under CDM and other regulatory requirements.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Electrical Installation services.
- Positive, can-do mentality.
- Proven track record of success.
- Collaborative nature.
- Ability to reach sensible compromise position.
- Strong focus on team performance, training, mentoring and integration with client and Alliance teams.
Working Pattern of Attendance and Location(s):
- Hinkley Point C Construction Site, Wick Moore Drove, Nr Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1UD.
- 9 day fortnight
MEH Values attributed behaviours:
- Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team.
- Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions.
- Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view.
- Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely.
- Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” MEH approach.
Date of issue
Use the form below or the email for more information or apply for the vacancy.