As our Payroll Specialist, you will:
- Hold responsibility for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of weekly and/or monthly payroll calculations and transactions.
- Possess a high level of payroll knowledge on statutory and company policies, procedures and Group Standards seeking advice where in doubt and be confident in resolving first line employee queries through the payroll helpdesk to a satisfactory conclusion or escalating as necessary, in line with agreed process and Service Agreements.
- Be responsible for the administration, coordination and management of the payroll function via our outsourced Payroll Bureau service provider, where such arrangements are in place.
- Prepare and input data for monthly and weekly payroll in line with payroll deadlines.
- Ensure employee costs are charged accurately to the right contracts / functions.
- Support the smooth running of payroll data between internal and external parties as appropriate
- Process timesheets, pay rates and welfare benefits for all contractors, permanent full time, part time and temporary employees.
- Support the Payroll Manager with the weekly and monthly end to end payroll processes including reconciliations of payroll reports prior to BACs transmission.
- Process employee expense claims and associated payment transactions as appropriate.
- Create and distribute payroll reports to relevant stakeholders, including Finance and HR.
- Ensure compliance with all employment contracts and UK statutory requirements.
- Provide support for Tax Year End activities i.e., P60’s, P11D’s.
- Analytical: High level of accuracy and attention to detail when working with timesheets and payroll information.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify a problem, define it, determine the root cause, identify possible solutions, and implement or escalate to senior managers as required.
- Time Management: Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines to strict deadlines.
- Confidentiality: Demonstrates ability to handle confidential payroll information with discretion while maintaining employee privacy.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Team Player: Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team within the payroll department.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates a hi3gh level of professionalism, ethics, and integrity throughout all payroll interactions.
- Confidentiality: Demonstrates strict confidentiality in handling payroll information and employee data.
- Customer Orientation: Shows a customer-centric approach to support employees with payroll inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Works collaboratively with the payroll team and cross-functional business units to achieve payroll objectives.
- Initiative: Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvements and automation in payroll administration.
- Awareness: Keeps up to date with any changes in payroll regulations and remains up to date with industry trends.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Payroll Administrator or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of UK payroll legislation, including tax, pension, and statutory payments.
- Experience in delivering end to end weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Knowledge and experience of Payroll systems (preferred) – Specify for various BUs as appropriate.
- Proficiency in using payroll software and Microsoft Excel for data management, analytics, and reporting.
- 25 Days Holiday
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Tech Purchase Scheme
- Reward Gateway – Retail discounts
- 4x Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance