Multi Service Design Manager
- To create, implement and manage the design solutions for the Hinkley C CBS Non-permanent services installations. These designs need to be flexible, easily removable, easily modifiable and extendable.
- To provide specialist technical support and guidance to the CBS operations teams.
- To ensure the integration, technical assurance, compliance, health, safety and sustainability of design and engineering to enable compliant defect free handover for operational service, delivered to programme and budget.
- Coordination with the Principle Designer and Principle Contractor ensuring regular flow of information to comply with meeting the requirements of CDM.
- Manage and Lead a design team to provide effective design solutions for the Hinkley ‘C’ Common Building Services – CBS includes temporary (circa five year) power distribution, small power, lighting, ventilation, LTHW, CHW, CWS, waste water draininage, fire alarm systems & general fixing arrangements.
- Ensure effective utilisation and cost recovery of approximately ten staff in line with resource requirements.
- Ensure collaboration between disciplines coordinating and managing the requirements of all services.
- For direct reports;
- Manage and evaluate competency and capability (SQEP).
- Manage and evaluate training requirements including CPD events.
- Manage and support the development of trainees and graduates.
- Design Delivery
- Manage and lead the development and implementation of design proposals, ensuring they meet customer requirements, including budget &programme constraints, presenting proposals to customers and stakeholders.
- Chair and manage design & other technical review workshops & meetings with stakeholders.
- Manage, create, and review requisition specifications for equipment.
- Manage, create and or review strategies and guidance on the buildability, operability, maintainability, de-constructability of design proposals to operations teams.
- Review and approve design documentation.
- Design Proposals.
- Design Documentation.
- Technical Review Workshop Output.
- Requisition Specifications.
- Constructability Analyses.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience:
- This role requires an individual with proven experience at a senior level in delivering building services design and successfully implementing design strategies.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a building services or similar regulated industry.
- Leadership skills are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer specific focus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure.
- Experience of leading a team and/or coaching a team is desirable.
- Numeracy and report writing is a requirement.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD & Revit and any other software applications required to meet the needs of providing a designed solution.
- The individual will have experience within the most current forms of procurement.
- Relevant professional membership with an appropriate institute e.g. RIBA, BIBSE, IET, aligned to the workstream is recommended.
- A valid CSCS card is a requirement.
- Excellent IT Skills relevant to the business stream are desirable and Microsoft Office is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice, in particular temporary installations, designer duties and responsibilities under CDM and other regulatory requirements.
Minimum Degree qualification in either Electrical or Mechanical discipline
Additional Qualifications/ Experience:
- Positive, can-do mentality.
- Proven track record of success.
- Strong leader with collaborative nature.
- Ability to reach sensible compromise position.
- Strong focus on team performance, training, mentoring and integration with client and Alliance teams.